Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's 11 against 11 and in the end Germany Wins

At the end of the second round, it’s time for a new balance:
Germany’s has gone back to the good days and is, so far, the team displaying the best football; I think only Jurgen Klinnsman expected such a strong Germany…maybe because their results prior to the World Cup were not famous; but the same happened to Portugal before Euro 2004.
We will have the first anticipated final in Germany v Argentina. In the beginning of the competition, I was leaning more towards the South-Americans; but now I have to go with “The lean, mean, Klinsmann Machine”– they enjoy home factor and they are in a crescendo …
Then we have the other 6 teams…
England v Portugal – The Brits have yet to put on a good show and I don’t think it will be in this next game; no matter how depleted Portugal will be, it won’t be easy, but I recon we have a good chance to overcome and go through to the next stage – I want to meet Brazil!
Italy v Ukraine – the former have failed to impress, the latter have done the part, considering it’s their first presence; but alas, I think Italy with it’s customary luck and cynical football will prevail. And they can stop bitching about being robbed by the referee in the 2002 W. Cup, now… too bad for Australia, they didn’t deserve to pay for that…
Brazil v France - the boys from Brasil will probably face their big first test, against what I (and many people) thought it would be Spain, but turns out – it’s France… seems like the “old” geezers can still pull their weight around quite well! That brings me back to Brazil ( weight / Ronaldo) - although they’ve been winning, they haven’t been too convincing. Be as it may, I’m still having to go with Brazil on this one… they are both very experienced teams, but I think Brazil will have the edge this time… but you never know – they may want to make sure the Cock is roasted before they go for a bite…(no pun intended)... (maybe just a bit).

Soon enough, we’ll see if I’m right and the teams I pick go to next round/go home.
I want to be right, more than ever in the Portugal match, due to who the adversary is – it would be such a pleasure, not to say a relief for the German authorities, to get rid of those troublemakers!
I know the Germans will be on our side once again, like they’ve been against their rivals, Holland.
I am sure to reattribute by supporting the German squad in every game till the final, unless we’ll be there too, obviously (yet I doubt it…).
Danke!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home