Friday, June 23, 2006

That little factor

Confession: I actually look forward to the moment Portugal will be sidelined from this w. cup, so that I can go back to humour – the cornerstone, the central pillar, the alpha and the omega, supposedly, of the blog… football is only the excuse, the subject.
Nevertheless, in the build up to Portugal’s each match I find myself loosing focus, losing my objectivity – not to be confused with impartiality, something that has as much place here, as England yobs in the world cup.
Yesterday to today’s morning, still distilling that frustrating Portuguese exhibition, I was feeling sceptical about the team’s chances; now, as time passes, I start believing again, the trust grows back to the levels of Euro 2004… but we all know what happened in the final; so in every Portuguese supporter, there’s a schizophrenic trying to get out… as this blog proves.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a big honour to have Scottish representation here on my pretentious blog - Scotland may not be in the world cup, as England is, but at least you have the respect of the world...

Furthermore, you can always claim that in sport, you invented Golf…
Good luck to Scotland next time!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home